Tuesday, September 16, 2008

He's Gone!




WOW! What a really hard day we had! Brian left today for the MTC in Sao Paulo Brazil. And the plan was that we(Brent, Me, the kids, and Wilson Grandparents) would fly with Brian to SLC to see him off from there. When we check the flight it was pretty wide open for all of us to go. But when we got to the airport at 8:00 am we read that the previous flight had been canceled due to mechanical. So we knew that we had little chance of getting on but still we hoped. So when it was time for all ticketed passengers to board we actually said our goodbyes because we still didn't know if they were going to clear any standby's. It was really hard. Then after about 15 min of boarding they started to clear standby passengers. They called us up and said they could take 2 of us so of course Brent and I were going. Then the gate agent said "Ok we can take one more." So I looked at the kids....who are crying.....and Chanae says that she will stay because she had to work later that day (and we weren't sure yet if we would get on the 3:00 coming home) Then Michael said that he could stay home and go to work too. So Dallin was chosen. But the other kids were heart broken. Then the agent said "Ok I can take only one more." Chanae told Michael to go. I felt so bad. I was bawling but knew that we had to hurry and make decisions and get out on the plane. Chanae went home with the Wilsons.

When we got to SLC the airport was filled with Missionaries. It was a wonderful site. We walked the long distance to the American Gate and there we saw about 8 Missionaries waiting to go on the same flight. So he checked in at the counter and they guy told us that the St. George Airport did not check his bags all the way to Brazil. They only checked them to Dallas. Man I was ticked. So he had 2 hours in Dallas to go out of security to find his bags, go check the bags, go back through security then find the gate. Instead he probably could have found the gate and had lunch with the rest of the missionaries. Oh well, I guess all is well because we told him to call if something went wrong with the whole bag situation.

It was a good day, HARD, but good.

Brian really did look sharp....don't ya think?

1 comment:

Grandma Jane said...

I know that it was really hard of you....but totally worth it. It will go by so fast and just knowing that Brian is where he should be and wants to be is a great comfort and blessing to you.