Friday, February 6, 2009

I WON, I WON, I WON!!!

It's not a major award. And it's not fragile! It's a $40 gift card to Walmart! How did I win....you might ask. Well I signed up for the Fitness Challenge with the school district. It goes for 8 weeks and you have to log your workout minutes everyday. If you do that then your name goes into a weekly drawing. And I won for the first week. HURRAY!

And now the Wilson family is starting a Fitness Challenge that will go for 5 1/2 months. We can be a pretty competitive family sometimes. So here's how it's all going down!!

Big “W” Fitness Challenge
Summer is soon approaching and there has been an overwhelming request to have another fitness challenge to get our tushes back into shape. So we have been throwing some ideas around and we will begin the second week of February. That means you all have a few more days to pig out before the fun begins. The challenge will continue until the Wilson reunion so you have a good 5 1/2 months to buckle down, don't procrastinate.

Here are the rules for the challenge:
1. Children under 18 years of age will be required to count the time they spend exercising. Please turn your time in to Jackie and Deron by Sunday at midnight so we can talley as we go.
2. A dults (because of some over achievers Deron, Loye, and Ryan) we will have to set goals for ourselves instead of going by time. The goal should be a stretch for you, not something you could do if you just got up off the couch. Please write these down on paper and send them to Deron and Jackie by February 8th. Goals can include inches lost, weight lost, miles ridden/walked etc.
3. We will also be asking for each person that enters to pay 10 dollars for the entry fee that will go toward the prizes at the end. Make payable to Deron and Jackie. You will have until June 1 to turn in the money so start saving. If you have any problems with this amount please let Jackie know we will work something out, we want everyone who wants to, to participate!

Throughout this process we want everyone to support each other whether it be a text a note or a phone call of encouragement. I am going to do a bootcamp one day a week if anyone is interested. The time has yet to be determined. I will also try to send the work out ideas to those of you who are out of town. If anyone comes across any healthy recipe ideas or meal plans please submit them to the Big W. O and if you need help setting a goal talk to Deron and Jackie and we will try to help. Good luck and if you need any clarifications call me

1 comment:

Sara :) said...

Congratulations on WINNING! That's awesome. I think my family should have some kind of fitness challenge - it sounds like fun.